Mike Chu

Mike Chu, Co-Editor-in-Chief

Mike Chu is a Senior who has been in Journalism for four years. He took Journalism because he likes writing. Mike likes to swim. In 10 years, he sees himself as a lawyer.

All content by Mike Chu
40th District Delegate Candidates Interview

Mike Chu, Co-Editor-in-Chief
October 17, 2019

During these past few weeks, the Centreville Sentinel conducted a series of interviews with the Republican and Democratic candidates for the 40th district delegate of Virginia. In the interview, both candidates...

The Korean Peninsula

The Korean Peninsula

Mike Chu, Editor
May 7, 2018

On April 27, 2018, the two leaders of the divided Korean Peninsula, leaders Kim Jong Un and Mun Jae In, met to discuss terms of peace, nuclear disarmament, and perhaps even reunification after many years...

CVHS Mulch Sale

CVHS Mulch Sale

Mike Chu and Marwa Hameed
March 13, 2018

The CVHS PTSA is holding its annual mulch sale fundraiser. The sale is the primary fundraiser for the All Night Graduation Party for graduating seniors. Some of its proceeds also go to five $1,000 Senior...

Relief efforts continue in Puerto Rico, still reeling from the effects of Hurricane Maria

CVHS Teacher Aids In Disaster Relief In Puerto Rico

Mike Chu, Editor
March 9, 2018

Last Fall, CVHS teacher, Mr.  Ahmad, took the time to sit down with The Sentinel's Mike Chu to talk about his experience working with disaster relief efforts in Puerto Rico after Hurricane Maria.  These...

Photo Credit to Mrs. Miller

CVHS Author Visit

Marwa Hameed and Mike Chu
March 9, 2018

Today, CVHS invited two renowned YA fiction authors, Meagan Spooner and Sarah Glenn Marsh, to speak to students about a broad range of things, including their books, their writing experiences, and...

CVHS Student Organized Gun Control Walkout

Marwa Hameed and Mike Chu
March 1, 2018

Alyssa Alhadeff 14, Scott Beigel 35, Martin Duque Anguiano 14, Nicholas Dworet 17, Aaron Feis 37, Jaime Guttenberg 14, Christopher Hixon 49, Luke Hoyer 15, Cara Loughran 14, Gina Montalto 14, Joaquin Oliver...

A Short Lived Shutdown

A Short Lived Shutdown

Mike Chu, Editor
January 23, 2018

On January 22, Congress officially reopened the doors of the government, ending the shutdown that started on Friday of last week. The issue was resolved when legislators agreed to fund the government until...

SPJ Code of Ethics

SPJ Code of Ethics

Mike Chu
March 13, 2017

According to the words of Christopher Dodd, an American lobbyist and former Democratic U.S. senator, “when the public's right to know is threatened, and when the rights of free speech and free press...

We The People...

We The People…

Mike Chu, Editor in Chief
January 24, 2017

"We the people..." These three words define the value that lies at the heart of the United States Constitution. These three words stood as the foundation for the nation's birth on the eve of that fateful...

Russia Leaves the ICC

Russia Leaves the ICC

Mike Chu
January 19, 2017

On November 9, 2016, Russia announced its exit from the ICC (International Criminal Court).  The departure was issued by a directive signed by Russia’s president, Vladimir Putin. Russia’s foreign...

Search and Seizures: Unreasonable or Necessary?

Mike Chu, Editor in Chief
November 16, 2016

“The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but...

Load More Stories

Comments (0)

All Centreville Sentinel Picks Reader Picks Sort: Newest
Activate Search
Mike Chu