Marwa Hameed

Marwa Hameed, Co-Editor-in-Chief

Marwa Hameed is a Senior who has been in Journalism for four years. She took Journalism because she has always enjoyed writing and wanted to report on things happening worldwide. Marwa can always be found with a book in hand (especially classic literature!), enjoys traveling, and is a huge Anglophile. In 10 years, she hopes to be pursuing a career in the medical field.

All content by Marwa Hameed
Hameeds Reads: The Top 7 Books I Have Read (and Reread) the Past 4 Years

Hameed’s Reads: The Top 7 Books I Have Read (and Reread) the Past 4 Years

Marwa Hameed, Co-Editor-in-Chief
March 5, 2020

For me, to read is to have a window to the world. It is something that has expanded my horizons and allowed me to see the viewpoint of people and events that I would never get to experience otherwise....

New Teacher Spotlight: Andrew Campbell

New Teacher Spotlight: Andrew Campbell

Marwa Hameed, Co-Editor-in-Chief
October 22, 2019

Mr. Campbell is the new assistant principal in the second-floor subschool, meeting the demand for a new administrator as the Centreville High School (CVHS) student body continues to grow. He has had years...

(Picture: Dominic Lipinski/Getty-AFP)

Welcome to the Firm, Baby Archie!

Kendall Claar and Marwa Hameed
May 13, 2019

On May 6, in the early hours of the morning, the whole world took a collective breath in with the announcement that the Duchess of Sussex had gone into labor. Only a few hours later, they were finally...

(Picture: CVHS I-NIGHT Instagram)

CVHS’ Annual International Night

Marwa Hameed, Editor-in-Chief
March 20, 2019

Centreville’s annual International Night is right around the corner on Friday, March 22nd! Just like previous years, the wonderful array of performances will be held in the auditorium. The show features...

Nadia Murad adresses the United Nations. (photo: APF)

Nadia Murad: The Woman Who Refused to Be Silenced

Marwa Hameed, Editor-in-Chief
March 1, 2019

With this year’s theme for Women’s History Month being “Visionary Women: Champions of Peace and Nonviolence,” no one but Nadia Murad, a Yazidi human rights activist and survivor of sexual slavery...

(Photo by Theo Wargo/Getty Images)

A Self-Made American Phenomenon: Lin-Manuel Miranda

Marwa Hameed, Editor-in-Chief
November 28, 2018

In the past two years, the world has sung Lin-Manuel Miranda’s name. Since the Broadway debut of his hip-hop musical “Hamilton” in 2015, the world has been captivated by the composer and original...

October Teacher Spotlight: Mrs. Golodolinski

Marwa Hameed, Editor-in-Chief
September 27, 2018

Mrs. Golodolinski is an AP and Honors World History teacher that has taught at Centreville High School for the past twelve years. She is originally from Northeastern Ohio, but attended college in Buffalo,...

President Trump Hosts French President for First State Visit

Marwa Hameed
May 3, 2018

On the 24th of April, President Trump and the First Lady welcomed French President, Emmanuel Macron, and his wife, Brigitte, in a formal ceremony on the south lawn of the White House. This marked the Trump...

CVHS Mulch Sale

CVHS Mulch Sale

Mike Chu and Marwa Hameed
March 13, 2018

The CVHS PTSA is holding its annual mulch sale fundraiser. The sale is the primary fundraiser for the All Night Graduation Party for graduating seniors. Some of its proceeds also go to five $1,000 Senior...

Photo Credit to Mrs. Miller

CVHS Author Visit

Marwa Hameed and Mike Chu
March 9, 2018

Today, CVHS invited two renowned YA fiction authors, Meagan Spooner and Sarah Glenn Marsh, to speak to students about a broad range of things, including their books, their writing experiences, and...

CVHS Student Organized Gun Control Walkout

Marwa Hameed and Mike Chu
March 1, 2018

Alyssa Alhadeff 14, Scott Beigel 35, Martin Duque Anguiano 14, Nicholas Dworet 17, Aaron Feis 37, Jaime Guttenberg 14, Christopher Hixon 49, Luke Hoyer 15, Cara Loughran 14, Gina Montalto 14, Joaquin Oliver...

North and South Korea United in Olympic Detente

Marwa Hameed, Editor
January 19, 2018

North and South Korean athletes will march united under a pro-unification flag at the Winter Olympics opening ceremony next month. The news came from South Korea in what is seen as a diplomatic breakthrough...

Union Jack flags hanging in Londons Regent Street to mark the Royal Wedding in 2011.

taken by raghavvidya on flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/rk_photos/5643943041/in/photostream/

Another Royal Wedding!

Marwa Hameed, Editor
December 8, 2017

On Monday, November 27, Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's engagement was announced to the world. The highly awaited engagement was revealed in a statement which released by Clarence House, the office and...

6 Places to Explore in Britain this Autumn

Marwa Hameed
October 13, 2017

People often wish to experience the cascading fjords of Norway or the towering glaciers of Iceland once in their lives, but Britain offers some of the most majestic landscapes to take in. What better way...

The Exoplanet Anomaly

The Exoplanet Anomaly

Marwa Hameed
March 17, 2017

Imagine a world where you can walk side by side with a green three eyed alien! Those dreams might just become a reality. NASA and European astronomers, with the help of the Spitzer Space Telescope, have...

President Trumps Immigration Executive Order

President Trump’s Immigration Executive Order

Marwa Hameed
February 8, 2017

Last week on Friday, President Trump signed an executive order that suspended the refugee program for 120 days and the visa applicant program for another 90 days. The executive order, "Protecting the Nation...

President Obamas Farewell Address

President Obama’s Farewell Address

Marwa Hameed
January 24, 2017

On Tuesday, January 10th, President Obama gave his farewell address to the millions of American people who had watched his presidency unfold for the past eight years. His speech began with a thundering...

Taken from Wikimandia (based on Department of Defense map of Iraq)

The Battle for Mosul

Marwa Hameed
December 6, 2016

Mosul was one of Iraq’s most populated and thriving cities, home to over 1.8 million people. It was known for its creation of intricate metal work, its production of oil and marble, and being a diverse...

The Immigration Crisis

The Immigration Crisis

Marwa Hameed
November 14, 2016

The crisis going on in the Middle East has been one that has warranted and captured the attention of those all across the world. The refugees fleeing their homelands seek peace elsewhere, not knowing where...

Load More Stories
Activate Search
Marwa Hameed