Alex Skelley, Staff Contributor, Podcast Host

Alex Skelley is a senior who is in his first year of Journalism. He took the class solely because he likes writing. Outside of the class, he plays baseball, works at Glory Days Grill, or when he's not doing either of those things, he does dumb stuff with his friends. He's interested in politics, economics, history, and philosophy among other things. Lastly, in 10 years, he says he sees himself on planet earth.

All content by Alex Skelley
Alabama, the Pro-Life Bill Palooza, and the Challenge of Roe v. Wade

Alex Skelley
May 30, 2019

The Bills: On May 7, Georgia Governor Brian Kemp signed into law the "Living Infants Fairness and Equality (LIFE) Act." The bill bans abortion once a fetal heartbeat can be detected, and recognizes...

Notre Dame Fire

Notre Dame Fire

Alex Skelley and Deepika Joshi
April 29, 2019

On Monday, April 15, a fire started at the historic Notre Dame Cathedral in Paris, France. The fire started while the Cathedral was under renovation, and most likely originated in the attic. The exact...

Zoic: The Ceramic Pot

Zoic: The Ceramic Pot

Alex Skelley
April 8, 2019

Just for a moment, imagine a ceramic pot. This pot is yours. It doesn’t matter how you acquired it, it’s yours, and it’s a gorgeous pot. Now, imagine inside of that pot is love, and wonder, and happiness,...

Margaret Thatcher

Margaret Thatcher

Huda Khan and Alex Skelley
March 18, 2019

When it comes to women’s history, there’s no one cooler than Margaret Thatcher. She’s described as a funny, charming, and exceptional leader, and was the first female prime minister of the UK. She...

Zoic: Opportunity Cost

Zoic: Opportunity Cost

Alex Skelley
February 28, 2019

Robert Frost taught us about The Road Not Taken He taught us about choosing a path About the roads we go down in life About how ‘what could have been’ will impose its rath   The...

Supreme Court Hears First Gun Case In About a Decade

Alex Skelley
February 22, 2019

For the first time in over a decade, when DC v. Heller was decided, the Supreme Court will be hearing a case dealing directly with the second amendment and gun rights. The case is a challenge to a New...

Zoic: The Roller Coaster and The Chance Card

Alex Skelley
January 24, 2019

It’s funny. I never thought I’d write something like this, until I met my inspiration for it, who will remain nameless. I’ve known her for a good while, not too long though, and I still get shy,...

Fight for Rudolph!

Fight for Rudolph!

Huda Khan and Alex Skelley
December 14, 2018

Bigoted, racist, sexist, homophobic! All the classic hallmarks of the much-beloved Christmas movie, Rudolph the Red-nosed Reindeer. At least that’s what we’ve been told by The Huffington Post. The...

Opinion: Will We Get Due Process for Sexual Assault on Campus?

Alex Skelley
December 12, 2018

It’s Christmas time again, and due process for those accused of sexual assault on campus may be under the Christmas tree this year. But on the list for two US Senators is something different; it...

Alex Skelley: Twitter is censoring free speech again, and thats bad, so lets stop it.

Alex Skelley: Twitter is censoring free speech again, and that’s bad, so let’s stop it.

Alex Skelley
December 6, 2018

Twitter is championed as the world wide haven of free speech for all. They present themselves as a platform that allows you to speak your opinion, and mostly they are, unless you post anything that...

Alex Skelley: The Woman, the Myth, the Socialist Idiot- Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez.

Alex Skelley
December 4, 2018

Reader discretion is advised. On Jan 3, 2019, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez will be “inaugurated” to her new seat in the House of Representatives, and will be “signing bills”...

The Great Chasm! Americas Growing Political Violence and Divide.

The Great Chasm! America’s Growing Political Violence and Divide.

Alex Skelley
November 19, 2018

Over the past few years, and the past few weeks especially, America has seen the number of violent or divisive political incidents rise at an alarming rate. The current political divide is one of the biggest...

Trump and The Midterms.

Trump and The Midterms.

Alex Skelley
October 30, 2018

The man might be the most controversial, polarizing figure since Jesus Christ. Sorry, that’s a little bit of an exaggeration, but it stems from truth. Along with this polarization, he’s also a very...

Kanye West

Kanye West

Alex Skelley
October 24, 2018

Kanye West! There’s a lot to say about him. He can be called one of the most narcissistic celebrities alive, with quotes like “My greatest pain in life is that I will never be able to see myself perform...

Centreville Varsity Football Game vs South Lakes

Alex Skelley
October 3, 2018

On Friday, September 13, Centreville High School's undefeated juggernaut of a varsity football team (3-0) took on  South Lakes High School (2-1) at our home field. The game started at 7:00, and Featured...

September Teacher Spotlights: Mr. Scott

September Teacher Spotlights: Mr. Scott

Alex Skelley
September 11, 2018

A retired police and SWAT team member with 20 years of experience,  CVHS teacher Sean Scott is a very accomplished man. Before teaching, he had a long, successful, and dedicated career in law...

Load More Stories
Activate Search
Alex Skelley