Grammy Camp Scholarship- Bruno Mars

Lagima Pandey

Grammy Camp is a 5-day nonresidential summer music industry program for high school students interested in having a career in music. Students from across the country apply for one of the eight offered career tracks. Grammy Camp faculty of music professionals as well as guest industry professionals provide valuable insight to give the campers the best chance at achieving success in their chosen career.

The five-time Grammy winner, Bruno Mars has increased his support of the Camp, affording five additional students the opportunity to receive financial aid in the form of scholarships for the Grammy Museum program. The scholarship will cover expenses such as tuition, housing and transportation for one qualified high school student each year for five years beginning in 2018. The “24K Magic” singer established the Camp scholarship for Hawaii-based students in 2014 via a grant to the Hawaii Community Foundation in honor of his late mother. His scholarship has now expanded to include applicants from across the country.

“It’s a privilege for me to be able to help students reach their musical dreams. I’m grateful to Grammy Camp for making this possible,” said Mars.

To be eligible, U.S. high school applicants had complete an online application, video audition and a financial assistance form at www.grammyintheschools.com.

“For the participants, the program offers access to artists and industry professionals who provide mentoring, critical insights, and advice,” said Neil Portnow, President/CEO of the Recording Academy and Board Chair of the Grammy Museum. “Bruno truly understands the importance of these interactions for young people who are interested in a life in music, and his generosity and longtime support are heartfelt and genuinely appreciated by the Recording Academy and the Grammy Museum.”