CVHS’ Annual International Night

(Picture: CVHS I-NIGHT Instagram)

(Picture: CVHS I-NIGHT Instagram)

Marwa Hameed, Editor-in-Chief

Centreville’s annual International Night is right around the corner on Friday, March 22nd! Just like previous years, the wonderful array of performances will be held in the auditorium. The show features an array of student performances from all over the world. Tickets are $5, and will start to be sold at 5:30 PM. After the show, food will be available, including a large selection of catered and authentic homemade dishes from around the world.

The show is a huge hit each year, easily selling out with a packed house taking in all the spectacular presentations of song, dance, and music. This year’s performances include those from countries such as Korea, India, Nepal, Korea, and France! Some highlights from the show each year include the fashion show and the Bollywood-inspired Mazaa dance finale at the closing of the show. Anoushka Deshmukh, who is leading the fashion show and is on the I-NIGHT board, remarked how I-NIGHT is “a huge celebration where people from all grades get a chance to showcase their individual cultures and really shine.” She went on to include that I-NIGHT is an important event for her as “it allows students to be proud of their heritage and connect with their culture while educating a large audience (the show has sold out for three years in a row!).”  

While students see many familiar faces at I-NIGHT, each year many new students join the fun! This year’s I-NIGHT will be a first for many like, Deepika Joshi, a senior, who will  be participating in the finale dance. When asked about her upcoming performance, she said that “It’s amazing to see how months of practice has brought us all so close! I have always seen I-NIGHT as something that brings the world together regardless of all the differences we share.”

It is clear from speaking to both old and new members of the I-NIGHT family, that the show is an amazing event that is able to bring a the diverse student body together with one night of celebration and fun. Having been the past two years, I highly recommend that everyone go see it! It was evident that the show was put together with lots of love and hard work in order to ensure that all students can see a bit of themselves and where they come from in the performances.